And naw Carsey-Werner, I still haven't forgotten along with the legions of fans of this show that you haven't released Seasons 2-6 of A Different World to DVD. What's up with that?
While we're waiting for the outcome of that and Debbie Allen's effort to revive the show, I'm going to give you loyal TransGriot readers an opportunity to tackle the second annual edition of my TransGriot 'A Different World' Trivia Quiz. If you want to try to tackle last year's quiz, here it is. I'll give y'all three days like last year to ponder it before I publish the answers in a separate blog post.
Have fun and note it's an open
1. Name the artists who sang the theme song for 'A Different World'.
2.What was the name of Whitley and Kim's sorority on the show?
3.What year did Kim pledge under Whitley?
4. What state was Jaleesa from?
5. What was the name of Whitley's therapist who always urged her clients to 'Relax, relate & release? (extra credit point if you can name who played her).
6.How long did Kinu and Dwayne date before their break up?
7.True or False. Colonel Taylor was chairman of the math department at Hillman
8.What were the nicknames Adele Wayne had for her husband and son Dwayne?
9 What was the name of the dream man Dwayne created for his radio shows leading up to Valentine's Day?
10. True or False. Before Ron O'Neal began playing Whitley's father Judge Mercer Gilbert, he played a dean in season one.
11.Who was the Gilbert Hall dorm director in Season 1?
12.Dwayne spent the summer working in an internship for Kinishewa Electronics in what Canadian cities?
13.What city was Lena James from?
A Philadelphia B. New York C. Washington DC D. Baltimore
14. True or False. Whitley won the Miss Hillman title.
15.Which one of these is NOT a Hillman college dorm?
A Libbey Hall, B Gilbert Hall, C. Douglass Hall, D. Height Hall
16. What was the name of Ron Johnson's baby sister?
17.True or False. A Different World was the number one rated show among African-American viewers in the 1990-91 and 1991-92 television seasons.
18. What was the name of Walter's charitable foundation that he founded?
19. Which one of these actors or actresses did NOT play a Hillman College professor on the show?
A Whoopi Goldberg B. Keenen Ivory Wayans C. Leslie Uggams D. Clifton Davis
20 What was the full name of the club that Ron and Mr. Gaines co-owned?
21. What was Terrence's line name when he pledged Kappa Lambda Nu under Ron?
22. What political office was Byron Douglas running for in Virginia?
23. What historical event coincided with Whitley and Dwayne's honeymoon?
24 In addition to his son Terrence, Colonel Taylor had another child who attended Hillman. Who was she?.
25 What was Adele Wayne's favorite dessert she loved to cook for Dwayne?
You may start the quiz. I'll give y'all until midnight CDT on the 27th to come up with the answers on your own..