Friday, July 11, 2014

Lawdy Lawdy, Renee is 40!

Homemade 40th Birthday Purse Cake
I have been waiting for this day for two years now and it has finally arrived.   It's Renee's milestone birthday, and one in which I pay my Timmy's IceCapp drinking Coach purse loving homegirl back for this birthday post she unleashed on me in 2012


So, let's see, first off, who are some of the people who share Renee's birthday?    There's Lil Kim, Kellita Smith, Leon Spinks, Nadya Suleman, Lisa Rinna, Caroline Wozniacki, Giorgio Armani, the late actor Yul Brynner and Houston Texan WR Andre Johnson just to name a few. 

As for some of the things that are older than Renee on this day?    

The Toronto Maple Leafs last NHL championship banner in the Hangar.
Timmy's
The Skylon Tower
Terra Firma
Niagara Falls

I may have started this post by poking fun at my sis, but I  have to say that my life has been immensely enriched by having her as a major part of it for nearly a decade.  Renee and I have had some thought provoking conversations about many issues ever since I met her that I enjoy. 

The other thing I most appreciate about you besides your intellect, fashion sense, and your stories about being the only estrogen based lifeform in a house full of guys is that you not only talk the talk when it comes to sisterhood and being a standup trans ally, you role model it.         

And best of all, I'm proud to call you my friend.   Now if I can make that north of the border visit happen sometime this decade. 

Happy milestone birthday, Renee!    May you celebrate many more of them!

No comments: